As a Senior Social Media Strategist with Swift, you will be responsible for leading on the social media initiatives for our clients. Working in partnership with the Director of Social Media along with Planning, Creative, and Producer teams, this person will lead the development, execution, and assessment of innovative, results-oriented social media client campaigns that best leverage platforms, related tools, and methodologies.
You will serve as a thought leader in social media for our clients, helping to define the role of social media in overall digital strategy for both current projects and new business opportunities. You will also be responsible for briefing internal teams and clients on industry news and opportunities to provide groundbreaking and executable ideas about how to use social media in new and engaging ways within campaigns.
While this role is strategic, it will require proven hands-on experience managing social media channels, along with a demonstrated ability to translate insights gleaned from actual client communities into ongoing recommendations. This includes working with our Social Media Strategists and/or Community Managers on day-to-day social media channel management, along with continual measurement and analysis of content and community.
- Serve as an agency leader and subject matter expert for issues associated with social media marketing.
- Work closely with Social Media team (Director of Social Media, Social Media Strategists, Senior Community Managers, Community Managers) and other internal Swift teams on the execution of digital campaigns that maximize the effectiveness of social media content for clients.
- Collaborate with internal teams on monthly content calendars, creative briefs, presentations, competitive data, emerging opportunities, and other client deliverables.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Stay current on social media landscape and digital trends to develop and present recommendations that leverage changes on behalf of our clients.
- Oversee the day-to-day management and maintenance of client communities and social media efforts, as well as mentoring internal community management team.
- In conjunction with our Analytics team, oversee the tracking/reporting of client data on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, including the assessment of content and campaign performance with recommendations for optimizing.
- Participate in client review meetings, including presenting social media performance and recommendations directly to client.
- Assist in the development of social media strategies and content for new client presentations.
- Ensure all communication with clients and internal staff is error free and professional.
- Assume responsibility and ownership over your projects and ensure you have the resources needed to complete your work and deliverables within the project timelines.
- Be an active part of the larger Swift team and proactively help further the agency’s exposure to creative ideas and industry trends.
- Always operate with integrity and strive to produce your best possible work.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college. Degree in Advertising, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years overall experience, including work on digital strategy and social media content and community management for large consumer brands.
- Passionate about digital storytelling, strategy, social media and marketing.
- Solid knowledge of capabilities, limitations of, and best practices for social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, location-based/check-in services, and blogging platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience with community management tools, including listening platforms and social media analytics.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and disciplines.
- Ability to draft internal as well as client-facing research reports, results, briefing documents, and strategy presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Good listener and able to communicate with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent time management and project management skills, with ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels.
- Experience in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong competency level in core software programs, including Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.